0 votes
by (260 points)
recategorized by

Hi,

I am working on porting our app to Pico Neo 2, and have a whole bunch of optimization to do. However am unable to get anti aliasing to work in this project. Whether it's set to 2x or 4x in the quality setting it looks the same when the app is built. This gives a swimming effect which is very nauseating. Is there a setting somewhere I'm overlooking? The AA setting on the camera is set to use project settings.

I am using Unity 2019.4.11, built-in render pipeline, XR Management system and PicoXR SDK 1.2.3

Thank you

2 Answers

0 votes
by (260 points)
 
Best answer

Ok, so it turns out the problem in our scene was actually the textures, not the Anti Aliasing. The texture was set to no mipmap and had some pretty bad bordering around the UV shells which made the problem appear even worse. I have taken a look through the textures now and fixed things up and it looks a lot better. Than you for the help and sorry for the poor questioning, these are the risks of taking over a project from someone else I suppose!

0 votes
by (44.1k points)

Hello,would you mind sending a simple scene demo to us for test? If you don't mind, please send your demo project with the title of your question to this mail address : pico_devsupport@bytedance.com

by (260 points)

Thank you, I will try to recreate and send a project. I noticed I did not have the same issue in 2020.

by (5.4k points)

Try changing this value to see if it works
enter image description here

by (260 points)

Hi, I didn't expect to be able to reproduce this issue, but when running the same test scene in 2019 and 2020 there actually is a difference. See screenshots for comparison.
enter image description here
enter image description here

by (260 points)

Thanks for the suggestion @kai, unfortunately that doesn't seem to make a difference in my test project

by (5.4k points)

So maybe it's better to switch to unity 2020.

by (260 points)

Luckily we already have that planned, but it's still a little while ahead.

by (260 points)

OK so it seems like this issue also happens on Quest. I will try and find out what the issue is.

by (260 points)

Well that's embarrassing. Apparently I edited the wrong quality setting in the test project, so when fixing that it works as expected. The original project has the correct settings but still behaves incorrectly.

...